There’s a lot going on in Southern California on the Fourth of July, from beaches to street fairs to fireworks displays to picnics. Here’s a complete list of Fourth festivities in Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino, Orange and Riverside counties.
Los Angeles County
- When: July 4, parking lot opens at 10 a.m., food court opens at 2 p.m., stadium opens at 6:30 p.m. Opening ceremonies begin at 7 p.m. Fireworks start at 9:05 p.m.
- Where: Rose Bowl Stadium at 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103
- Cost: $13 general admission, $25 reserved, kids 5 and under free in GA section. Children require a ticket in reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased here. Active Military with ID free (up to four tickets per family), veterans get one free ticket, available from the ticket booth near Gate B, doesn’t include parking. Advanced parking can be purchased at the Rose Bowl ticket booth for $20, and general parking is $30.
- Information: rosebowlstadium.com, 626-577-3100
- Good to know: You can also see the Rose Bowl fireworks from outside the stadium from the free concert at Levitt Pavilion.
Palisades Americanism Parade
- When: July 4. The parade starts at 2 p.m., entertainment at 6:30 p.m., and fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Where: Parade on Sunset Boulevard in Pacific Palisades between Via de la Paz and Drummond Street. Entertainment and fireworks will be at Palisades Charter High School at 15888 Bowdoin St., Los Angeles, CA 90272.
- Cost: Parade free to attend. Concert and fireworks $10, free for kids 6 and under, but ticket required. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Information: palisadesparade.org
Grand Park Block Party
- When: July 4, Music begins at 4 p.m., light show at 9 p.m.
- Where: All four blocks of Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles 200 N. Grand Avenue, between Grand Avenue and Spring Street
- Cost: Parking and show are free. Parking is available in lots surrounding Grand Park.
- Information: grandparkla.org
- Good to know: No alcohol served or permitted and bags will be searched.
Hollywood Bowl 3-Day Celebration with band Chicago
- When: July 2-4, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Hollywood Bowl, 2301 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, CA 90068
- Cost: $5-70+ per ticket, half off for kids 12 and under. Limited parking is available at the event.
- Information: www.hollywoodbowl.com
Dodgers Fourth of July
- When: July 4. The game begins at 4:15 p.m. and fireworks are after the game.
- Where: Dodger Stadium at 1000 Elysian Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Cost: Tickets are $25- $1,050, paid parking is available around the stadium.
- Information: dodgers.com
Independence Day on the Back Bay
- When: July 4. Festivities are 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Where: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina at 1131 Back Bay Dr. Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Cost: Entrance is $50 per car, and a “Beer & Wine Garden Pass” is $40 per person.
- Information: www.visitnewportbeach.com; 949-729-3863
- Good to know: There will be a variety of food trucks available.
San Juan Capistrano Sports Park
- When: July 4, noon to 10 p.m. Live band will run from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.
- Where: San Juan Capistrano Sports Park at 25925 Camino del Avion San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Cost: Entrance is free. Free Sports Park and street parking is available.
- Information: sanjuancapistrano.org; 949-493-5311
- Good to know: There will be free rides and games at the event. Barbecues, pets, and personal fireworks are not allowed.
Fullerton Fireworks Show and Festival
- When: July 4, running 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Fullerton High School Stadium, Lemon Street and Berkeley Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832
- Cost: Admission is free, though nominal fees (approximately $2 to $5) may apply for activities. Parking is free and available at the North Orange County Courthouse, the Wilshire parking structure, the Plummer structure, and throughout downtown. Handicap parking is also available at these lots.
- Information: cityoffullerton.com, 714-738-3167
- Good to know: Alcohol, glass containers, smoking, e-cigarettes, umbrellas and pets are not allowed. All coolers will be checked.
Fourth of July Fireworks Show at the San Clemente Pier
- When: July 4, 9 p.m.
- Where: San Clemente Pier, 622 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente, CA 92672
- Cost: Entrance is free.
- Information: san-clemente.org; 949-361-8200
- Good to know: The fireworks display can be seen from many beaches and hilltop areas in and around San Clemente.
Street Fair and Fireworks Spectacular
- When: July 4. Festival begins at 12 p.m. and fireworks go off at 9 p.m.
- Where: Lake Mission Viejo, 22555 Olympiad Road Mission Viejo, CA 92692
- Cost: Admission is free. A free shuttle will run from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. surrounding Lake Mission Viejo.
- Information: cityofmissionviejo.org; 949-770-1313
- Good to know: Pets, skateboards, roller blades, wheelies, bicycles, or barbecues are not allowed.
San Bernardino County
Apple Valley Freedom Festival
- When: July 4, runs 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Lenny Brewster Sports Center at 21024 Otoe Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
- Cost: Entrance and parking is free.
- Information: applevalley.org, 760-240-7000
- Good to know: Music for the fireworks will be simulcast at KATJ100.7 starting at 8:55 p.m. Festivities include food booths, bounce houses, and a beer garden. Guests are invited to bring chairs and canopies, but leave their alcohol, pets and barbecues at home.
Independence Day Barbecue
- When: July 4, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Civic Center Park Aquatic Center, 14999 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, California 92307
- Cost: $3 pre-registration, $5 at the door. Active and retired military get free entry.
- Information: applevalley.org; 760-240-7880
- Good to know: Food is sold separately.
City of Chino Hills Independence Celebration
- When: Wednesday, June 29, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Main stage band will be performing from 6:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Veterans Park at 14877 Eucalyptus Rd, Chino Hills, CA 91709
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Information: chinohills.org, 909-364-2700
- Good to know: Activities include a balloon artist, face painting, craft, and food vendors.
- When: July 4, begins at 2 p.m., fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Where: San Bernardino County Fairgrounds, 14800 Seventh St. Victorville, CA 92395
- Cost: Entrance is free.
- Information: victorvilleca.gov, (760) 951-2200
- Good to know: There will be slides, face painting, carnival games and more at the event.
University of Redlands Fireworks Show
- When: July 4, opens at 10 a.m., parade begins at 10:30 a.m., and live entertainment will start at 11 a.m. Night performance begins at 8 p.m. and fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.
- Where: Daytime festivities will be at Sylvan Park at 601 N University St, Redlands, CA 92374. The night show and fireworks will be at the University of Redlands’ Ted Runner Stadium at 1200 E Colton Ave., Redlands, CA 92373
- Cost: $10 in advance, $12 at the gate. Children under 3 years old are free and don’t need a ticket.
- Information: redlands-events.com, (909) 48-0637
- Good to know: University of Redlands’s Fourth of July celebrations continue to be one of the largest in the state. Before the night performance there will be a USAF C-17 flyover, which will end with skydivers landing in the stadium.
- When: Saturday, July 2, beginning at 3 p.m. Performances at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Ruben S. Ayala Park, 14225 Central Avenue, Chino, CA, 91710
- Cost: Admission is free
- Information: cityofchino.org, (909) 334-3258
- Good to know: There will be food and live music at the event.
- When: July 4, pool hours 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., music acts at 4 p.m., 6 p.m., and 7:15 p.m. Fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Where: Stewart Park, 9th and Orange streets, Beaumont, CA
- Cost: Pool admission is $1, all other events are free.
- Information: ci.beaumont.ca.us, (951) 769-8524
- Good to know: Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Guests should bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
Palm Desert Fourth of July Fireworks
- When: July 4, National Anthem at 7:15 p.m., concert at 7:30 p.m., and fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Where: Civic Center Park, Sab Pablo Desert, Palm Desert, CA 92260
- Cost: Admission is free. Free parking is available around the park, and there is also a free shuttle from the Gardens on El Paseo at 73545 El Paseo, Palm Desert, CA 92260 to the event.
- Information: palm-desert.org, (760) 345-0611
- Good to know: Smoking, alcohol, and portable barbecues are not allowed. Guests should bring blankets or lawn chairs for seating.
Temecula Fourth of July Family Fun and Fireworks
- July 4, park opens at 8 a.m. and festivities begin at 2 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
- Where: Ronald Reagan Sports Park
- Cost: Kids Fun Zone wristbands $5, cash only. All other admission is free. Free parking is available in park lots, but RV parking is only allowed along the park side of Rancho Vista. Handicapped parking will be available in the 6th Street Parking Lot.
- Information: temeculaevents.org
- Good to know: No alcohol, glass containers, or dogs off leashes allowed.
Independence Day Hometown Parade: San Jacinto
- When: July 4, parade begins at 9 a.m. and the festival runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Parade begins at the San Jacinto Unified School District Offices. Festival is located at the Estudillo Mansion.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Information: ci.san-jacinto.ca.us, (818) 231-0932
- Good to know: The festival will feature food and live entertainment. Parade entry forms can be found online.
Fourth of July Fireworks at Lake Elsinore
- When: July 4, firework show begins at 9 p.m.
- Where: The T-Peninsula at Lake Elsinore. Viewing locations include Lakepoint Park, Elm Grove Beach, Davis Fishing Beach, Whiskers Fishing Beach.
- Cost: Passes to watch display from a boat is $10 per vessel, and admission from the peninsula is free.
- Information: lake-elsinore.org, 951-674-3124
- Good to know: Viewers can sync display with music by tuning into radio station KOLA 99.9.
Ventura College Fireworks Display and Picnic
- When: July 4, gates open at 5 p.m., and the firework show begins at 9 p.m.
- Where: Ventura College Athletic Fields
- Cost: Tickets bought online or at Vons stores: $6 adult and $4 child. At the gate: $8 adult and $6 child. Free parking is available at Ventura College’s three main lots.
- Information: venturafireworks.com
- Good to know: Event highlights include face painting, live music, and food trucks. Pets, alcohol, and glass containers are not allowed.
Fourth of July Street Fair
- When: July 4, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Event begins with the Pushem Pullem Parade at 10 a.m.
- Where: Venture City Downtown Cultural District
- Cost: Admission and parking are free. Parking can be found in the downtown parking structure. There is also a free shuttle that runs from the lot at the Ventura County Government Center.
- Information: cityofventura.net, (805) 654-7749
- Good to know: Food and entertainment can be found along the streets of the parade.
Fireworks by the Sea
- When: July 4. The 10K and 5K races start at 8 a.m., Children’s parade 10:30 a.m., and fireworks start at 9 p.m. Daytime activities last from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m., includes food carts and a rock climbing wall.
- Where: Channel Islands Harbor
- Cost: Parade and other daytime activities are free and open to the public. The 5K/10K is $35 to participate
- Information: channelislandsharbor.org, (805) 985-4852
- Good to know: Parade and race registration information can be found online. Guests can also view the fireworks aboard the Sunfish at Marine Emporium Landing; tickets can be reserved online.