Licensed sales agents at MP Insurance Solutions can help you find a Medicare Advantage plan that matches your life style and needs. We can help you to understand the benefits entitled to you and how to utilize these added services. Below is a brief overview and important links.
Types of Plans
- Managed Care Plans, also known as Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
- Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS) Plans
- Medicare is a Health Insurance Program for
- People age 65 or older.
- People under age 65 with certain disabilities.
- People of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant).
- Medicare Basics
- Part A – Covers inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facility, hospice care services, home health care services, and Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institution.
- Part B – Covers medical services provided by doctors, outpatient care, and home health services.
- Part C – Medicare Advantage Plans are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare.
- Part D – Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) needs to be purchased separately, if not included in a Medicare Advantage Plan. Premium can vary by plan.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) – Medigap helps pay Part A and Part B coinsurance, copayments, and/or deductibles and may have added benefits not covered by Original Medicare. These plans are sold by private insurance companies.
- Do I qualify? – You are eligible if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes for at least 10 years, Disabled individuals who have been receiving social security benefits for a minimum of two years and Individuals who purchase their Medicare Benefits are also eligible.
- Enrollment Periods
- Initial Coverage Election Period: Begins 3 months before your 65th birthday, the month of your birth and then three months following the birth month for a total of 7 months.
- Annual Enrollment Period:
- October 15 ~ December 7 (2011)
- Annual Disenrollment Period:
- January 1 ~ February 14
- Special Enrollment Period: Timeframes for SEPs can vary. Most begin on the first day of the month in which the qualifying event occurs and last for a total of three months.
For more information about Medicare, you can also visit http://www.medicare.gov/ which is Medicare’s Official Website.
For information about how to sign up for Medicare Part A and B please visit https://www.socialsecurity.gov/medicare/apply.html
To Access an online version of the Medicare and You Handbook http://www.medicare.gov/medicare-and-you/different-formats/m-and-y-different-formats.html
To learn more about your Medicare rights, please visit https://www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/medicare-rights/medicare-health-plans/rights-in-medicare-health-plans.html
If you need information about how to file a complain or grievance with Medicare please visit http://www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/file-a-complaint/complaints.html .
Important Contact Numbers:
- Medi-Cal: 877-597-4777
- Medicare: 800-633-4227
- Covered CA: 800-300-1506
- L.I.S.: 866-922-4368
- Care 1st Customer Service: 1-800-544-0088
- Humana Customer Service: 1-800-457-4708
- SCAN Customer Service: 1-800-559-3500
Have a question? We can help. Call today to speak with an agent! (855) 731-8888
By calling this number, I understand I will be directed to a licensed insurance sales agent or broker
MP Insurance Solutions is a Senior Health Care Insurance Brokerage. We specialize in Medicare Supplement/ Medigap plans, Medicare Advantage/Medicare Part C, Prescription Drug Plans/Medicare Part D, Senior Term Life Insurance, Final Expense Insurance, guaranteed income annuities, and dental and vision plans. We specialize in helping seniors in Southern California including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, and Orange County California.
23873 Clinton Keith Road Suite 210, Wildomar, CA 92595 Office: (951) 698-9267 Monday- Friday 9 am -5 pm PST.